The Product Owner is a key team member on an agile software development team and must be able to clearly define product vision to the scrum mobile development team in the form of well-defined user stories. The Product owner is responsible for the scrum team backlog and prioritizes user stories in conjunction with the Product Manager. The Product Owner works with the scrum team helping to clarify questions and assists the team in work estimation. The Product Owner must convey the vision of what needs to be built to the scrum team. The Product Owner works with Product Manager, Scrum Master, and other Product Owners to effectively manage their team’s product backlog. The Product Owner is ultimately responsible for declaring a team assigned feature as done or complete.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
May perform other duties and responsibilities that management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Work closely with product management and stakeholders to establish and maintain consistency across all teams.
- Provide product demos in Spanish and English to clients and stakeholders.
- Assists Product Manager, Scrum Master, and Team Managers in guiding and motivating product development teams by providing clear goals.
- Serve as direct representative of the business with delivery teams, representing/reinforcing the customers’ perspective throughout the product realization cycle.
- Server as a leader and communicate clearly the business requirements to the Team.
- Coordinates content dependencies with other product owners.
- Assists in defining iterations and user stories and accept iteration increments.
- Responsible for accepting stories as done by the scrum team by validating that the story meets the acceptance criteria and has the appropriate, persistent acceptance tests, and that it otherwise meets its definition of Done.
- The product owner has a shared responsibility for building, trimming, and maintaining the team backlog. Backlog items are prioritized based on user value, time, and other team dependencies that are determined in the planning meeting.
- Update Team backlog and participate in reviewing the story definition. Provide clarification necessary to assist the team with their stories.
MANAGEMENT/SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES (if applicable)
- Organize workflow and ensure that employees understand their duties or delegated tasks.
- Ensure adherence to legal and company policies and procedures and undertake disciplinary actions if the need arises.
- Receive complaints and resolve problems.
- Monitor employee productivity and provide constructive feedback and coaching.
- Set goals for performance and deadlines in ways that comply with company’s plans and vision and communicate them to subordinates.
TECHNICAL, MANAGERIAL, and PEOPLE SKILLS REQUIRED
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Incumbents will be evaluated, in part, based on performance of each essential function.
- Experience with, or training in, SCRUM Methodologies.
- Ability to solve problems with minimal supervision.
- Proven understanding of iterative mobile development, incremental software delivery
- Detail-oriented with effective written and verbal communication skills
- Expertise in making continuous improvement changes, especially as it relates to software development.
- Leadership skills to build high performing teams.
- Must possess solid analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Must possess strong interpersonal, communication, and team-building skills.
- Ability to collaborate well with a wide range of subject matter experts from design to technology as well as clients on all levels of an organization.
- Technical knowledge on mobile development with flutter. Swift, React Native or Android is desired.
- Technical knowledge on web technologies like React, node.js and microservices on AWS strongly preferred.
EDUTATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science.
- 3+ years of relevant experience in process improvement, project delivery, business/requirements analysis or business operations/product line.
- Agile software methodology experience also strongly recommended.
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills
- Well-rounded interpersonal skills and experience working with cross functional teams.
- Good time management skills and the ability to prioritize tasks with minimal supervision.
- Competitive English skills are required.
LICENCES and/or CERTIFICATIONS
- Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO), and/or SAFe Product Manager/Product Owner (PMPO) is strongly preferred.